Our client has a chemical manufacturing plant based in the Greater Manchester area. They are currently looking for a permanent Site Maintenance Manager to replace the current incumbent who is retiring.
This is a senior position at the plant and offers an excellent basic salary, bonus and pension.
To manage the site engineering, maintenance, planning and project services and by close interface with such as the integrity and procurement teams ensure site reliability.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the resourcing and budgetary control of the site maintenance and project team. They will be a member of the Site Management Team as well as a member of the Site Emergency Duty Rota.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Budgetary control for all maintenance and projects conducted on site; and make corrective actions to meet the goals target.
- Maintenance fixed costs of £7.5m pa
- Major shutdown £3.0m every 4 years
- Capital projects £3.0m average pa
- Revenue projects £0.6m pa
• Keep up to date with best organisation and practices in maintenance / project development
• Generate and maintain a continuous improvement maintenance culture
• Define and control key performance indicators in line with the company and site needs
• Manage site maintenance / project strategy
• Manage/ monitor contract co-ordination – identify need, agree scope, source contractor(s), review ongoing progress, active membership of site Tender Board
• Responsibility and awareness of appropriate ISO standards in order to manage functional / site procedures, conduct site/company audits to maintain compliance
• Line manager for site Mechanical, Electrical & Instrument Engineers, Project Engineer, Planner/Scheduler
• Identify, develop, maintain and audit maintenance policies, strategies and practices to continually improve the site reliability, integrity and efficiency whilst minimising plant downtime
• Manage and control resources such that applicable legislative HSE requirements continue to be met and comply with Corporate policy
• Participate in site management activities to co-ordinate the strategic policy and direction for the site
• Embrace and encourage site participation in corporate networking initiatives, share best practice and benchmark with other internal locations as appropriate, liaise closely with other Maintenance Managers both in the UK and the wider maintenance corporate community
• Share and support maintenance skills and resources between the UK manufacturing sites in order to maximize cost efficiencies, staff development and business optimisation
• Responsible for site maintenance stores function - manage and monitor assets and resources in line with corporate procedures and requirements, conduct annual management review against appropriate ISO standards
• Staff management and training: ensure all staff are competent and suitably qualified to undertake their duties / management of company and employee expectations and requirements with respect to career development and performance
• Responsible for the site major shutdown to manage resources necessary to be on-time, on budget and following HSE Corporate policy
EDUCATION & LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
• A degree in Engineering is a minimum requirement
• Chartered Engineer and current member of recognised professional institution
• Minimum 10 years’ experience ideally in similar environment
• Ideally at least five years’ experience of managerial responsibility for staff, budgets and projects
• Proficient in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP
• Excellent communicator and relations builder
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in an organised, effective and timely manner