Process Safety Engineer - Permanent Staff - Hertfordshire - Chemicals
Our client is an international chemicals heavyweight with interests in a variety of different sectors and countries. An opportunity currently exists within their Hertfordshire operation for a Process Safety Engineer to join the team. Your task will be to support the development and implementation of the Process Safety strategy for their European operations. As part of a core technical team, you will ensure focus and delivery of all activities regarding process safety, acting as technical lead, and you will also support the development of engineering standards. In particular, you will:
• Populate register of all Process Safety related activities on site, ensuring PHRs/SILS/FMEAs are in place with associated “Basis of Safety” guidance for each process.
• Maintain a “technical authority” register for Process Safety for each site. Maintain competency against Process Safety in line with the Corporate and Divisional requirements.
• Support a program of training in place for Process Safety, delivering training as and when required against set program.
• Ensure that each site maintains a register of “Safety Critical Devices”.
• Play a key role in the annual audit program for each site checking understanding of process related risks, “basis of safety”, and planned maintenance for safety critical devices.
• Report back against set Process Safety KPIs for both sites.
• Completion of base line assessments for PUWER and corrective action plans.
• Implementation of a corrective action plan for DSEAR / ATEX compliance.
• Review and update of standards for purchasing equipment in relation to machine safety directive.
• Devise and implement engineering standards for R&CE incorporating best practice from other sites.
• Provide engineering input into capital projects.
• Maintain and follow H & S, Environmental, Quality and Security Systems.
• Plan and prioritize own work to ensure delivery of key objectives
• Any and all other duties that may be assigned by Maintenance Team Leaders & Lead Engineer
To be considered for this role, you must me a degree-qualified engineer (most likely chemical, mechanical or ECI), and you must have demonstrable experience of having worked within a process environment (chemical, oil & gas or similar), where you have written and implemented new process safety policies. Good knowledge and understanding of DSEAR, ATEX, SIL, Hazard Analysis and LOPA are also highly desirable.