Project Controls Engineer – Permanent/ Contract – Engineering Service Provider – Hampshire
Our client is a leading engineering services provider and they are seeking for Project Controls Engineers on permanent staff basis, however, they would also consider individuals on contract basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will report to the Projects and Engineering Director, the Project Controls Engineer will be responsible for the successful generation and monitoring of project performance data for a portfolio of projects.
- You will be expected to liaise with the project managers and project design leads such that data is shared to enable the successful delivery of projects.
- The individual should be a confident communicator and problem solver, but who can escalate issues when necessary to ensure successful project delivery and ideally would have experience within a design / consultancy environment.
- This is a key position in the company providing the relationship link within the project team(s), to the company project management and also externally to company clients, therefore good communication skills are essential.
- Understanding of the works to be delivered by the individual disciplines within an engineering project such that they can plan work to achieve the project goalsMonitor Project Activities - monitor and evaluate each step of a project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals.
- Reporting to project managers to discuss the progress of each project and talk about staffing needs, schedule changes, project scope adjustments and more.
- Oversee Project Budgeting and Scheduling – to assist in setting a project budget and to be involved in assembling a project’s team and setting task schedules.·
- Generate Project Reports – responsible for creating and maintaining reports addressing all aspects of project development and completion, including presentation of the details of these reports during group or one-on-one meetings with senior managers.
- Suggest and Manage Changes in Project Processes – have the ability to recognise which areas of project development need to be re-addressed in order to maintain efficiency and cost control and assist in the continuous improvement activities that are essential to keep processes efficient.
- Degree in engineering, business administration or similar.Trained on or familiar with project administration software and processes.
- Some Project Management certification is desirable e.g. APM or similar but not essential.Experience in a project role within a design office or a consultancy company
- Proficient in MS Office suite including, MS Project and Word, with excellent MS Excel skills essential.