Our client has large amount of project work on their manufacturing plant in the North London area. They are looking for a Project Administrator to support the project managers, someone with previous experience working in a similar role to work on a long term contract.
• To offer a high level of support to the Capital Projects Department Manager and Capital Project Team, with full involvement in the day-to-day project support activities and responsible for office resource management.
• Responsibility for all aspects of support and organisation of office resources and project documentation.
• Raising all PO requests in Ariba and updating cost tracking/budget sheets thereafter, ensure that appropriate costs are allocated to the correct projects and codes.
• Manage small projects as required by the Project Lead.
• General Project office support.
• Full involvement in day to day project activities, which involves completing the below on behalf of the project managers (PM’s).
o Booking of visitors and contractors onto Nova
o Managing Medical bookings for visitors and contractors
o Dealing with Security Queries as primary point of contact for these queries.
o Dealing with delivery queries
o Scheduling meetings with multiple departments.
o Booking of meeting rooms
o Meeting Minute taking and formal write up thereafter
o Hard file production, copying, scanning and shredding
• Create Project Folders at the start of all projects.
• Raises all Capital Project Team order requests on the Ariba system.
• Follow up and ensure orders are raised correctly and in a timely manner on key orders.
• Maintain updates of individual Project cost tracking/budget spread sheets when orders are raised and received.
• Received all invoice notification by accounts, process these notifications with the individual PM’s and confirm that the work should be invoiced and resolve queries prior to approving on behalf of the PM’s.
• Cross checks the Capex Summary (Monthly Financial update) to all the individual project cost trackers/budgets spread sheets. Resolve any anomalies between these by communication with accounts and the individual project managers.
• Assists in producing combined spend forecasts for the Brimsdown department.
• Assists in producing capital investment planning documents and compiling of information
• Collation of monthly report information for all Capex project report, including those being managed by people from other departments.
• Complete all necessary paperwork for New Starters.
• Induction of new starters – Induction presentation, overview of procedures and office standards
• Work with Capital Projects Department Manager, Brimsdown Project Lead to Develop & monitor team KPI’s
• Assist in the development, update and improvement of Capital Project Department documents and procedures to improve project delivery.
• Create other additional reports on finance or KPI’s beyond the monthly report as and when required.
• Support the PM’s to adhere to financial procedures of ensuring multiple offers / tenders are obtained and adjudicated in a fair and transparent manner.
• Interact with Purchasing and Finance departments to assist in efficiently processing orders and invoices.
• Maintain good communications with the client and all parties relevant to the project.
• Work as an individual or as part of a project team to aid the team in successful project delivery.
• Provide support for project team members.
• Ensure adherence to our clients policies and requirements.
• Develop understanding of our clients Sustainability policy and implement in project office where relevant.
Education and Qualifications
• GCSE’S & A-Levels in core subjects.
• HNC, HND or Foundation Degree preferred but not essential
• Extensive experience in a multi-disciplined Project Team in a Project Administration role.
• Strong MS office package skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, Projects and adobe.
• Excellent communication skills required to enable interaction at all levels.
• Ability to work under pressure and priorities work items and backlog.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Experience of Ariba or other procurement systems.
• Understanding of Project Delivery processes
• Understanding of Project Financial management
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• A flexible approach to your work, as you will be required to priorities urgent activities or engineering reports from time to time.
• Demonstrable IT skills using relevant technical software packages as well as Microsoft Office
• Proven track record in office resources management.