Mechanical Maintenance Technician – Permanent – Chemicals - £Salary + Benefits – Staffordshire
Our client has Top tier COMAH regulated chemical manufacturing site based in Staffordshire and they are seeking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician on a permanent staff basis.
- Ensure all health, safety and environmental regulations are followed at all times and maintain systems of work.
- Undertake all installation and servicing of equipment as directed.
- Provide technical support for mechanical equipment on sire, where appropriate, represent the company in dealing with consultants and suppliers.
- Perform specialist repairs and conduct fault diagnosis where appropriate.Support site operations for essential maintenance of plant systems.
- Effective repairs to improve safety aspects, and equipment efficiencies, as directed.Report immediately any matter affects safety, efficient or the security of the plant or site.Follow maintenance schedules as laid down.
- Evaluate the status of existing site critical equipment, produce reports and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Record the usage of all spare parts against plant and equipment records.
- Carry out rotational team leader’s role to enable good communications and organisational requirements of maintenance and contract personnel on a daily basis.Carry out unscheduled out of hours when required, to meet operational demands.
- Provide emergency call out cover on rotational basis, during evenings and over weekends.Participate in site safety and training requirements.
- Participate in audits and inspections.Participate on internal reliability teams when required to diagnosis repeat failure modes.Act as a focal point for ordering consumables.
- Accept any additional duties as may be reasonable required
- Practical experience of mechanical maintenance.
- Relevant engineering qualification or equivalent.Ideally experience of either chemical, COMAH, petrochemical or highly hazardous environments.
- Ideally experience of forklift truck licence or equivalent.