Manufacturing Manager - Vaccines Development & Manufacture - Oxford - Permanent Staff
Our client is a new company that promises to sit at the cutting edge of vaccine research, development and manufacture via a greenfield multi-£million new facility to be based in Oxford. The company is now assembling its management team and is looking for a Manufacturing Manager as a part of this process. Your task will be the implementation, building and continuous improvement of a best in class manufacturing operation. You will build a team, ensuring skills and competencies meet business needs and ensuring the required levels of compliance. In particular, you will:
- Recruit, coach, manage and develop a specialist manufacturing team,
- Work closely with engineering to ensure process and product compliance,
- Perform review and approval of IQ/OQ/PQ documentation, SOPs, Quality Standards etc,
- Establish a Right First Time culture, driving continuous improvement,
- Set priorities for task completion, coordinate work activities, setting daily and strategic objectives,
- Identify root cause of manufacturing issues and implement corrective action to minimise downtime.
To be successful in the role it is expected that you will hold a Bachelor's Degree in engineering, life science or a related field, and you will have significant previous manufacturing management experience in a vaccines, biologics or similar GMP regulated environment. Ideally you will have expertise in aseptic/steriles, bulk, solid oral dosage, packaging etc, and you will be Lean or Six Sigma trained.
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to one of the UK's largest life sciences investments from ground upwards, and help to shape a world-class vaccines facility. A competitive salary is on offer with package including generous pension contribution, health benefit, performance related bonus and relocation support.