Maintenance Manager – Permanent – Distillery - £Salary + Benefits – South East Scotland
Our client is a well-established distillery based in South East, Scotland and they are seeking for Maintenance Manager on a permanent staff basis. You will lead and develop the Maintenance Engineering team to ensure delivery of key results in line with the overall site/group maintenance strategies which supports 24/7 operations and ensures compliance of all site assets. You will continuously improve maintenance function performance and capability in line with the Distilling and Technical Strategic Asset Management Plan.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the 5-year site strategy and define, develop and implement the maintenance and asset management improvement plan in line with the company and business unit strategic objectives.Lead, motivate and develop the maintenance team plus external stakeholders in line with the company values to maximise employee engagement.
- Promote, develop and embed a collaborative approach with other technical/engineering/operations on site functions, ensuring that a level of support for a 24/7 operation is held.
- Lead, develop and implement best practice standards for all aspects of maintenance and asset management activity.
- Develop and lead the implementation of best practice processes and failure elimination techniques to ensure ongoing continuous improvement to the full lifecycle asset performance.
- Devise specific tools and techniques appropriate to the business area in question and ensure that these are available for the teams to maximise plant availability.
- Accountable for the compliance of the maintenance function with all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Establish and implement effective channels of communication between the projects team and the site operations team to ensure consistency of knowledge and understanding of maintenance activities.
- Ensure the function leads its field in technical excellence and commercial expertise by keeping abreast of development in the marketplace, whilst ensuring customer delivery/reliability.
- Manage the total cost of plant maintenance in terms of plant reliability, legislative compliance and fixed cost to minimise plant risk.
- Define and communicate all maintenance budgetary requirements in line with site budget planning milestones.
- Refine KPI’s to measure maintenance/production targets, benchmark these with relevant external and internal teams to identify areas for improvement.
- Define and implement maintenance procurement improvements to continually ensure value for money is achieved.
- Educated to Degree or equivalent with an engineering context e.g. Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical.
- Ability to deliver improvement projects utilising process improvement techniques within a quality management environment.Significant Engineering experience in a relevant operational environment.
- Proven team leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their potential.
- Significant experience in a senior Engineering/Maintenance management role within FMCG/Process industries/ COMAH or equivalent.
- Experience of driving and implementing successful process improvements within a maintenance role.Working Knowledge of ERP business systems such as IFS, SAP, JD Edwards or equivalent.