Engineering Project Manager – Permanent – Pharmaceuticals – Salary + Benefits – Northern Ireland
Our client is a leading GMP API Chemical manufacturing plant and they are seeking for a Engineering Project Manager on a permanent staff position to be based in Northern Ireland. You will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of engineering projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish through consultation with project stakeholders the project requirements, scope of work and major project milestones, and thus determine mutually agreeable project objectives.
- Manage and influence project stakeholder groups and coordinate project resource to ensure successful project delivery.
- Ensure that solutions are delivered to the company within the timeframes established, agreed budget and to the quality of deliverables expected.
- Monitor, report and escalate project issues, risks, changes and progress to project stakeholders, sponsors, and line management.
- Lead the development of practical and cost effective engineering designs taking full account of the many competing factors; technical, operational and economic.
- Initiate enquiries with vendors, evaluate proposals and prepare accurate and realistic budget estimates and milestone project programmes for the purpose of gaining approval to acquire capital funds by management.
- Support tender process and supplier/contractor selection without bias in order to determine the optimal economic and technical solution for the business, and support the preparation of appointment and contract documentation.
- Organise testing, commissioning and validation of new facilities and equipment, assuring quality assurance, environmental, health and safety factors.
- Limit the companies’ liabilities, by ensuring that standards, codes of practice and statutory requirements are incorporated into all stages of the project.Liaise with external consultants, engineers and contractors during the project execution ensuring all work carried out by them is within the requirements of the overall project remit.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering qualification.
- Experience in the build of GMP Chemical API facilities or equivalent.
- Experience of leading and successfully executing complex large scale projects within the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Proficiency in programme management and reporting on projects utilising information technology (MS Project/Excel or equivalent).
- Chartered engineering status.
- Recognised H&S qualification; ideally NEBOSH Certificate.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities and processes.
- Experience in commissioning and qualification activities.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and best practice.Knowledge of process safety management.Strong presentation skills.
Rewards on offer:
- This position will offer a basic salary up to £64K. pension around 10%, bonus between 10 – 15% PLUS:
- Relocation support (Removal, Buying & Selling).
- Medical & dental care.Cover costs of expenses while going for interview.
- Canteen on site – cheap.
- Situated in a beautiful location.
- Family event days.