Automation Engineering Manager – Permanent - £ Negotiable + Benefits – Cambridgeshire
Our client is a forward-thinking and rapidly growing biotech company, they pride themselves in providing a range of cell solutions to their stakeholders – to pharmaceuticals, biotech, CRO and other research institutions.
They are seeking for an Automation Engineering Manager to join their business on permanent staff basis. This position will be a key figure in the expansion of the company’s manufacturing capabilities by expertly designing, building, programming, and implementing laboratory automation capability.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, apply automation expertise to review, design, build, program, and implement laboratory automation capability.Apply effective leadership, management and influencing skills and philosophies to create high performing Automation team, along with matrixed resources, to deliver ambitious, but attainable KPIs.
- Leverage strong change management capabilities to gain key stakeholder buy-in, with readiness to challenge pre-conceptions.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership and expertise in building solutions, including strong analytical capability, vast knowledge and understanding of key technologies and external partners.
- Stay current with latest technological innovations, trends and improvements in automation and robotics to meet/exceed company strategic plans and opportunities.
- Lead work efforts and/or projects/assignments with substantial risk, business impact, and complex technical challenges.
- Implement strategies that introduce and apply new concepts and technologies that will have substantial long-term business impact.
- Integrate and reinforce Lean/5S processes and approaches to ensure culture of continuous improvement.Employ effective, efficient and expertise in project management to adhere to timelines and budget.
- Additional responsibilities as business needs demand
Bachelor’s degree in engineering (bioengineering, chemical or related) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience to leading, developing, and implementing lab automation.
- Demonstrated experience working with key stakeholders to design, build, program, and implement laboratory automation and pipeline solutions, including both hardware and software (i.e. LIMS, GUIs), and Database development (SQL).
- Strong project management capabilities and the ability to understand project scope, timelines and deliverables to ensure projects are managed from initiation to completion.
- Demonstrated and proven experience implementing and applying Lean/5S.
- Highly networked within the life science automation community and evidence of leading debate in future strategies.
- Biotech experience, with understanding of cell biology and biochemistry.
- Integration specialist with an understanding of cell biology and biochemistry.