Working within the maintenance function, responsible for maintaining electrical, control and instrument documentation systems and supporting the implementation of projects and modifications to plant.
• Implement of new electrical, control and instrument documentation systems.
• Continuous improvement of the electrical, control and instrument maintenance and engineering procedures and systems.
• Specific responsibility for the maintaining electrical, control and instrument documentation systems - Portable Appliance Testing (PAT), emergency and standard lighting systems, electrical installation condition reporting system, safety system testing, hazardous area management system and earthing systems.
• Responsibility for routine electrical, control and instrument procurement and spares management.
Health, Safety & Environment
• To work in, a safe and responsible manner complying with current best practice, regulations for industrial, domestic, and hazardous areas, respecting personal safety, the safety of others and the environment.
• To work under the control of a Permit to Work system.
• To participate in safety audits and company initiatives.
• Able to work without close supervision.
• Open to further training in other engineering disciplines to meet the needs of the team.
• A team worker prepared to work in a multi-disciplined team.
• To communicate clearly with all colleagues within the company.
• To be able to communicate with shift production teams to diagnose faults.
• To be able to interpret written and verbal instruction.
• To be IT literate in Microsoft packages.
• To provide written records of engineering work undertaken.
• To maintain documentation controlled systems.
• To use a computer based maintenance system.
• HNC or equivalent in either electrical or instrumentation discipline
• Recognised apprenticeship
• Understanding of wiring diagrams
• Experience with Maintenance Management Systems
• Understanding of CAD systems
• IEE Regulations 18th edition
• City & Guilds 239 Inspection & Testing
• COMPEX hazardous area inspection
• Experience working with safety instrumented systems
• Minimum 3 years post apprenticeship experience in an industrial environment as an Electrician or instrument technician.
• To have been operating within an industrial electrical/instrumentation environment within the last 2 to 3 years.
• Experience of statutory testing of industrial electrical installations.
• Experience of hazardous area electrical systems.
Key Personal Competencies
• The post is a staff position and the holder must be prepared to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the company.
• High standards of own work and ensure such standards of others.
• Able to apply own initiative to achieve the desired result.
• Able to work in a team and support the other individuals in the team.
• Able to develop and train others.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Able to prioritise, organise and coordinate their own work.
• Well presented to uphold the professional image of the engineering service team.
If this position is of interest please call Luke Taylor at Adepto Technical Recruitment on 01619893344