The role of E&I Project Engineer is to work as a member of a small and growing project team, in a dynamic SME who specialise in burner management systems. The job holder will be responsible for
project delivery and supporting other projects by applying their discipline specific technical skills. The successful candidate must be proactive and able to demonstrate the ability to work
independently, but also in a team orientated environment. Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills are essential. The company has a strategy in place to substantially increases its revenue over the next 5 years, which will create opportunities for personal development.
• HND or degree in Electrical, Instrument or Controls Engineering.
• Experience managing all aspects of small projects, or managing discrete elements of
• Knowledgeable on safe systems of work.
• Project management skills (planning, cost control, quality management and contract
• Manage all aspects of the project delivery from initial design, through to
manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final handover.
• Interface with customer representatives and manage expectation.
• Technical and commercial evaluation of supplier proposals.
• Manage suppliers and contractor delivery including review of engineering design,
inspection and testing of equipment.
• Support multiple projects with specification, design, installation and commissioning of
• Experience supervising installation and commissioning activities in an industrial
• Specification and design of industrial burner systems and associated equipment w
• Prepare project PFDs and P&IDs.
• Specification, sizing and selection of equipment and instrumentation.
• Prepare equipment, valve and instrument lists.
• Prepare functional descriptions and project specifications.
• Prepare technical installation, operation and maintenance manuals.
• Specification, design, installation and commissioning of electrical equipment and
instrumentation in an industrial environment.
• Specification of cabling for electrical equipment, including block diagrams, core sheets
and cable lengths.
• Knowledge of high voltage power and low voltage power distribution systems.
• Knowledge of the design and specification or PLC based control systems.
• PLC programming knowledge would be an advantage.
• Committed to working safely in all aspect of the business delivery.
• Competent problem solver with sound understanding of engineering principles.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, and externally
with suppliers and end users.
• Ability to organise, prioritise task in a dynamic multi-project environment.
• Able to lead and be an effective team member.
• Willingness to travel internationally to support commissioning activities (typically 1 to
• Understanding the need for confidentiality when dealing with both internal and external
information, and company intellectual property.
• Flexibility to work outside standard hours when necessary to achieve objectives.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Ensuring that all responsibilities are met in accordance with company values,
procedures and the Employee Handbook.
If you have full UK right to work and are interested in in the position, please don't hesitate to contact Nick Bradley at Adepto Technical Recruitment on 01925394150